What to do in Vilamoura/Quarteira?
For beaches, Vilamoura cannot be beaten. There is the stunning Praia da Falésia with its 5 km of pristine golden sands, while the pretty Praia de Vilamoura beach leads to the fishing harbor in Quarteira. The region surrounding Vilamoura is culturally rich and can be discovered with day trips to the historic city of Faro or the market town of Loule.
Vilamoura is a wonderful destination and this guide will explain why you should take your holiday in this amazing area of Portugal.
Highlight of Vilamoura
• The glorious Praia da Falésia beach
• Fine dining and the romantic setting over looking the marina
• A round of golf on the famed "The Old Course"
• The buzzing nightlife of chic lounge clubs and lively themed bars
• The fantastic summer holiday atmosphere
• The touch of class Vilamoura offers, which is not found elsewhere in Portugal
Highlights of a holiday to Vilamoura
• The excitement of the central Algarve's theme and water parks
• A day trip to Loule, a traditional market town and authentically Portuguese
• A dolphin watch tour and boat tour along beautiful coastline
• Exploring the historic city of Faro and Parque Natural da Ria Formosa
• The hedonistic nightlife of the "The Strip" in Albufeira
• A delicious fish meal based on the fresh catch from Quarteira fishing harbor
Vilamoura is the most refined of all the Algarve resort towns and provides world-class hotels, stunning beaches and a fantastic tourist centre. For a holiday there is an abundance of activities including boat tours, waterparks, historic towns, and of course, golf. The five 18-hole golf courses make Vilamoura arguably the best location for a golfing holiday in the Algarve.
The beaches of Vilamoura are beautiful, with soft golden sands and crystal-clear sea waters that are safe for families, while the motorized water sports (jet skis, banana boats and parasailing) will entertain "children" of all ages. The central Algarve region is ideal for older children and teenagers, who will adore "Zoomarine" or the waterparks of "Aquashow" and "Slide and Splash".
Vilamoura can make for a cultural trip too; close by is the historic city of Faro, the market town of Loule or the charming old quarter in Albufeira.
In summary, you won't be short of things to do during your holiday to Vilamoura.
Vilamoura is a fantastic holiday destination and it will appeal to a range of tourists. Families, golfing trips, and couples, will discover a magical destination waiting for them. The town is perfectly suited for visitors who wish to spend relaxed days on the beach and social nights in the waterside restaurants and bars.
Vilamoura does not (or want to) attract large groups who are on stag/hen/group holiday or purely a drink-fueled holiday; for this sort of trip head to Albufeira.
Certain visitors may find Vilamoura devoid of Portuguese charm and character, this is a purpose-built resort town that focuses on outstanding tourist facilities and services. If you are after a more authentic Portuguese experience, consider the historic city of Lagos or the charming town of Tavira.